
Melissa M, here are my clean clothes that need to be folded and put away... Below are pictures of my real problem.
Now, I started out gathering the laundry in my house to make Melissa feel better about her laundry situation, but by the end of it, I realized that I have a problem... several problems actually, leading to one HUGE laundry problem. (If I could get away with blaming this one on someone else, I would say that when I decided to hire someone to come clean my house, my mom assumed that I would no longer need her services and so she quit coming over to clean and do my laundry.) :( I'm just kidding, Mom. One of the main reasons I started using Nicki was SO that my mom could have a break. One real reason I have this problem is that I have these huge laundry baskets that have several compartments, and by the time that they are full, (which is when the slacker in me finally clues in that I should probably do some laundry) it is already beyond overwhelming. Another problem is simply that there are TOO MANY clothes in this house.
Today I am doing laundry and trying to figure out a way to prevent it from getting this out of control again. So People who read my blog, go on, look at these pictures and feel good about yourself and your housekeeping ways, judge me, I judge myself :(
Here is the pile of the boys' laundry...

Ericks'....

Mine...

Darks...

Towels...

Whites...

And here it all is taking up my entire kitchen floor!



I have to say that I started sorting it all out last night after everyone went to bed and this morning, Erick was leaving for work and came back and woke me up to ask me what was up with the kitchen (which was clean before he went to bed.) Then when Chase woke up, he came and got in bed with me, (I was half asleep/half awake) and he thought he heard someone knocking on the door so he jumped up to go see who it was. I heard him walk in there and then turn around and RUN back down the hallway. He goes "Mommy, wake up, we have a HUGE problem!!!" I said "What is it, Chase?" and he said "There are clothes ALL OVER the WHOLE kitchen!!!" I said "Yes, that is a huge problem alright, but it's Mommy's huge problem."



13 comments:
HOLY MOLY!!!I just feel sorry for you--I want to help you,so I am thinking of a plan......
You just made me SMILE! :) That is a crazy lot of dirty clothes. At least all of mine on the bed were clean clothes that just needed to be folded and put away. Maybe you should take them to the laundrymat and do them all at once. Then recruit help over to fold and put up. I guess my problem isn't as BIG as your problem
I love this!!!! Mine is just as bad and there is only one of me - no husband and no children and you should see me basement. I used to live with you ya know and even then our laundry would be bad! Who has time for it????
Kristi
Just an observation: while you were gathering, seperating, taking pictures and blogging, you could have done 2 loads. Hee Hee
Julie
WOW!!! It makes my den floor look much better....
Thanks, Melissa. :) At least you made us all smile.
At least it covers up that white tile and makes for a pretty collage =). Laundry is certainly monotonous. Good luck!
Melissa, Without a doubt the laundry photo gives new meaning to the phrase "mountains of laundry". I had such a mixed reaction. I wanted to do something to help out,but I couldn't help but get tickled. I want to call it the Laughable Laundry Project. Good luck on tackling it---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the positive side you may have made some of the rest of usfeel a little better about our mountain.
Hang in there!
Aunt Tine
WOW!!! That's about all I can say. I prefer the "a load a day keeps the mountains away" philosophy that my momma always said. I guess we had too with 10 people in the house just to "keep up" but it has been a good habit for me...when I chose to practice it. Let me know if I can help get ya caught up! I can take a few loads!!!
Way to sort out all those clothes! I just throw everying thing into the wash without separating?!?!?! Good or bad, that's what I do.
Thanks for posting these pics. You've made me feel better about my terrible house keeping habits!
While I'm sitting here laughing, I keep thinking that if I put all of my dirty clothes into one room,it would probably look just the same! I don't know if I feel better or worse now! Just know that you are not alone!!
I guess you've been too busy doing laundry that you haven't had time to post anything new!!!!
Tina
Girl clean your house! :)Is this what it looked like before your mom came over to clean for you?
Girl dont feel too bad my laundry problem is never much better!! i have joe's work clothes, whites, towels (darks/colors) boys laundry, my dress clothes and then their are ALWAYS the random laundry that you never know what to do with with! and they are all piled in my little half bath! the clean stays in a basket or the dryer till someone feels froggy to fold them while in the meantime, the clean stay in the washer for a day or two cause no one wants to fold the clean in the dryer!
Post a Comment