Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Meet "Nobo Butterfly-Tree Hunton"


Today I thought I would take 4 crazy boys to the free movie: Chase, Mason, Tucker, and Brooks. On the way out of Brooks' driveway, we saw a turtle. Of course all 4 boys unbuckled as fast as they could, and got out of the van. We played with it for a few minutes, and I took pictures obviously, then we took it in to let John Robert see it and give it to his mom to keep for the boys until we got back. They named the turtle Nobo Butterfly-Tree Hunton. I was planning on getting to the movie theatre 30 minutes early, since last year the only time I ever went to the free movie, they were already sold out. Well, after the turtle incident, we ended up getting there only about 12 minutes early.....SOLD OUT AGAIN! I mean, really, I have never been that early to anything in my life, and then to be turned away, Bummer! So, then I had a car full of boys and no where to go. Did I mention that it was raining? So the park was out of the question. I felt so bad that I was getting ready to take them all to the Imagination Station or the new one we have when Brooks suggested the pet store. I had not thought of that option, that option does not require the $6-$8 a head. Sooooo, long story short is that we did not get to see Charlotte's Web, but we did get to play with a turtle, go to every pet store that I am aware of Bowling Green having, go to Barnes & Noble to read and play with the trains, and eat lunch at Pizza Hut so overall, I think the day was a success!

Here they are at Pets & More...



And now at Fishy Business...



And finally at Petco looking at the snakes.


I think this one was taken at Fishy Business too, Brooks is so smart, and told us what every kind of bird was.


Here they are at Barnes & Noble while Chase in jumping down from the book shelf.


I really thought we might get kicked out of Pizza Hut, but they let us stay despite all the noise we were making.






The boys thought that Nobo Butterfly-Tree Hunton needed a friend so they got one of their pool-toy turtles to keep him company.

6 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun, exciting, and busy day!

Valerie said...

By far, that is the BEST turtle name I've ever heard. Love Mason in his boots!!

mommy of girls said...

What an awesome day! Sometimes those unplanned moments end up making the sweetest memories! And I agree with Val...the turtle's name ROCKS! Go on with your creative fellas!

Deaton, party of 5 said...

You are a brave woman. We love PETCO. It is free fun! Mom didn't make Charlotte's Web either. The kids decided they wanted to play at her house instead. Supposedly, Tuesdays are worse than Mondays for getting seats (according to the ticketing people). You may have better luck on Mondays. And, I, too, LOVE the turtle name =).

Ashley said...

i got really excited when i saw that i had 2 comments... lol, im a huge loser i guess... well well well what a cute turtle... where is he now?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big the boys are! I can't wait to see you guys!