
Chase has been obsessed with going to Granddaddy's farm in Allen county lately, so yesterday I promised him that we could take Tucker there today. He was in my bed at 8:00 this morning saying "Wake up Mommy, it's time to pick up Tucker and go to Allen County!" Larie brought Tucker over here and they all got their overalls on and were ready to go! We had so much fun, they wanted to have an adventure, and boy did we have an adventure! I love that Chase is making so many memories on this farm, because I have the best memories of going there from the time I was just a little kid his age all the way until now. But I must say, as many times as I have been there and as many stories as I have heard about the farm, I really learned some stuff about it today that I never knew :) For instance, I did not know that sharks live in the stream down the hill, and that if you throw big rocks in the water, it will scare them and keep them from coming up and attacking. I mean, that is very useful information and I never knew it!

I did know that a long time ago, Indians lived on the farm. However, I did not know that the reason they left was because a pirate ship crashed landed on the farm and the Indians had to jump the fence and hide down the hill to escape. (By the way, Chase isn't sure if the Indians died or if they are still living safely down the hill on the other side of the fence)
This is what is left of the pirate ship. They are standing right by the door that the pirates used to go in and out of.
This is the treasure box that the pirates left behind, they took the treasure but just left the box. They had so much fun today. Running around the farm being boys, getting dirty! They solved mysteries, discovered stuff no one has ever discovered :), crossed logs, went hunting....... It was a great day!




This is the indian hole, it can be filled with muddy water but when you clean it out, the water runs crystal clear through it.. Chase had to splash the water on his face because that is what all farmers do.???

Chase and Mason had to open the gate for me to drive through, Tucker is helping Chase shut it back. It's so funny to see Chase get all excited when we pull up because he wants to get out and open the gate for me because I remember always getting excited to get out and open the gate for Daddy. He thinks he is so big!!



5 comments:
So, I remember going with you to this farm! I also remember the Indian hole-- you also had a very vivid imagination at this same farm. :) It seems like it has been ages.
Your boys are such farmers!
Kristi
What an awesome post. Beautiful pictures! Chase looks so big and grown in the pic of all three of them together. Your boys have such great imaginations. I think that is so cool.
OOHHH you can't stomp 'em out and you can't make 'em run, there them ol' boys raised on shot gun =). I felt inspired by your blog to sing "country boy can survive". What great fun and great pics.! Are you having the bday party there? You should with the pirate theme and all.
SO cute. Your pics are amazing!!!
What a wonderful time they had!!!! Glad you got such good pictures to have to remember the moment with. Love their imaginations!
Post a Comment