Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It snowed...


It snowed on my birthday!!!! And school was even cancelled, that would have been way cool if I was in like middle school or something. I can't remember it ever snowing on my birthday before, I'm sure it probably has, but this is the first that I remember. My birthday has been awesome, I woke up to a "birthday massage" from my 5 year old... He has the karate chop technique down to a science :) Then my boys and I just snuggled in my cosy bed and watched it snow out the window. My mom came over and hung out for a while. She took these pics of me and my boys in the snow on my birthday.





Then I got to hang out with my friends Kyla and Nicki for a little while. Kyla brought pizza, a cake, and cupcakes for the boys. Then we went out to the studio and took some pictures of Isaiah. He did such a GREAT job, probably the best cooperation I've ever gotten from a 3 year old before :)

Please be praying for little Isaiah, he has to have a very serious surgery on Monday. There is a link to his caringbridge page under Chase and Mason's friends on this page.


Here is the pretty cake that Kyla surprised me with today, it was SO good!


My nephew Joey came over and brought me a birthday present (great candles!) and played with the boys while I took Isaiah's pictures. I also got a visit from Kim and Drew. She brought me a birthday present and a YUMMY honeybun cake... I didn't take a picture of it, but maybe I will just take a picture of me from the back in a day or two and you'll get what it's about!
And then before Erick, the boys and I went out to eat, Larie called to say that she had made me a cake! It is amazing, as all of her cakes are!!!! I LOVE IT!!! She made it all about me, and it is so cool! (there is a link on my page to her cake website)


I had to show off all of the detail, you will probably have to click on the picture to see it all, but she added my camera, and even my camera bag in it's exact colors, my computer, new clothes, shoes, EVEN accessories :) I love it love it love it, Larie. Thank you so much!


Larie dropped the cake off at my mom's since we were going over there anyway and she lives right next to her. So after opening my presents from mom and admiring the cake, the boys (all 3) and I went to Applebee's. Afterwards we stopped by Kurt and Joey's apartment and played a little Rock Band... I totally should have gotten a picture (or video would have been even better.) I played the drums while Joey played the guitar and Erick was our lead vocalist... very entertaining! Chase and Mason wanted to play so bad, but settled for being our audience. Then we came home, I read my book by candlelight in a bubble bath, watched Chelsea Lately, and went to bed. GREAT day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad my gift was already forgotten..and rock band..:(

Kim said...

Hope you hada great birthday-- What a cool cake!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good birthday with friends, after I get over the flu, we can celebrate. Those cakes are amazing!
Julie

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Happy bday friend! Can we come over for some dessert this evening? You took in the mother-load yesterday. YUMMY!

Valerie said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great birthday. You crack me up about the no-honey-bun picture.. ha!
Did you find your keys?