
Well, I had made plans to go to lunch with friends today, but that was before I knew there was a massive ice storm coming our way. I am totally and completely afraid of driving in the snow/ice so we for sure opted to stay warm and safe at home today. I am definitly not a home-body and especially since I had it in my head that I was going out today, I AM BORED!!! We decided after our 3rd (mini) breakfast, that we would all make a map. So, here it is... our joint effort island map...

This part is Chase's "town". The red house on the left is our house, and that is our pool beside it.....we like our pools the size of our house... that's just how we roll:) Then the blue and black line in the middle is the bridge going across the ocean (yes, i think it's the first one) and on the right is town... Chase's town that is.

This is "Mason's town." The green is the grass, the blue is the water, and the red is the "HOT BOVEN WAVA" and if you couldn't understand that, it translates into Hot Boiling Lava. I'm not sure what the black is?? I think it is his house. Oh, never mind, I just brought him in here and asked him and he says it is the desert, so there ya go.

This is "Mommy's town." If I ever got to have my very own island, it would have to come with a mall and super Wal-mart like this one.

And I will leave ya'll with this... It is a lovely poem written by my very talented sister, Julie... It was inspired by today's unexpected icy weather.
THERE IS AN ICE STORM OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT IT IS WARM IN MY HOME
SINCE I CAN NOT DRIVE
I MUST STAY HOME ALOME
WHY JUST ICE
WHY CANT IT SNOW?
I WANT TO FIND OUT
DOES CHRIS ALLEN KNOW?
ICE IS FINE
IN A GLASS,NOT A BUSH
BUT JUST STEP OUTSIDE
YOU'LL SLIP ON YOUR TUSH
YOU CAN NOT MAKE
A MAN MADE OF ICE
BUT A MAN MADE OF SNOW
NOW, THAT IS NICE
WITH NOTHING TO DO
AND NOWHERE, I'M GOIN'
JUST WANTED TO CHEER YOU
WITH MY LITTLE POEM
Hee Hee Hee, We write these little dumb spontaneous poems to each other a lot and she sent this to me this morning so I thought I would embarrass her and put it on the blog :)



7 comments:
Love the map and Julie's poem! Do you remember our poem we made up going to Fall Creek Falls. It was called "Farmer Bill." If you don't remember it; let me know because I remember every word of it!! Oh, those were the days!
Too funny! (the poem, I mean) So sorry yall were stuck in the house with ice! NO FUN!
Great art--I need to get me some of that paper! Rain ticket-or ice ticket, rather, on lunch!
Looks like you found something fun to do on your iced-in day. Funny poem... I think you should post some of yours!
Random question.... Is today your birthday????
oh.. if it is HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Love the map! You're such a fun mommy! And Julie's poem...two thumbs up! You all should post some more...that made me smile! :-)
I think I could definitely hang on your island if you could do some renovating and add a Panera Bread or Bread and Bagel. I'm a sucker for a good cup of coffee and a muffin!
Post a Comment