Friday, October 26, 2007

Granddaddy's Shop

The boys love to walk to Granddaddy's shop. Once when Chase was 3, he was playing in the driveway and I ran inside to check on Mason and when I came out one minute later, he was half way across the field!! Since then, we have made many many trips over to Granddaddy's shop and back. We have taken friends for an adventure across the field, Skylar has been several times, Tucker has gone with us, and Jamison walked with us over there for a scavenger hunt one day. Yesterday we decided to walk over, just not through the field since there is wheat growing right now, we walked through the woods over to the path that goes behind the field. When we got there, Daddy was washing his "old timey" car, and when he got done we all got to go for a ride in it.

Here is the path going back home from Granddaddy's shop.


Daddy washing his Oldsmobile.


Here are the boys getting ready to go for a ride with Granddaddy, this is when I need a tripod for my camera phone :) so I can be in the picture too!! When we got in the car, Chase asked Granddaddy where the seatbelts were ;) He didn't understand why a car would not have seatbelts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my granddaddy!!
Em

Kim said...

You have such a nice Dad. You all are so lucky to have such a good, close relationship with him; those times will be cherished forever! We have just got to see that car in person!

Anonymous said...

I always loved riding in that old car with all of us girls in the back seat. Of course, as teenagers, we hoped no one would see us. The seats are so bouncy and I love the HUGE stearing wheel! When Ashley turned 16, she asked Grandaddy if she could paint it pink and drive it to school.(He said no)
Julie