Friday, October 12, 2007

Fall Fun

We have been having so much fun and staying so busy that I had not had time to put all of these pictures on my computer yet. A couple of weeks ago, a few friends and I took our children to Chaney's Dairy Barn for a farm tour. We got to eat ice cream, go on a wagon ride, watch them milk a cow, walk around and see the "baby cows", and have lunch. Mason loved every minute of it, and Chase loved every minute of it that he didn't have to smell the lovely cow smell. At one point, my friend Kim looked at me and said "Do you think Chase is going to throw up??" I looked over at him and he was gagging!! That was of course while we were in the barn getting ready to watch them milk a cow. He made it through okay and learned a lot.



I love taking the boys to things like this. Chase always amazes me at what he takes in and how he just understands basically every concept that has ever been explained to him. I remember people telling me when he was two how you could communicate with him just like an adult. Mason is the same way, a tad more rambunctious :) he can argue with me just like an adult!! He is 2, and if I discipline him, he will say "You're not being Berry nice to me, mommy. I don't like it when you talk to me like that!" I don't know where he gets this smart mouth :)


Last Wednesday Chase's preschool went to Jackson's Orchard. They got to go through a corn maze, take a tractor ride to the pumpkin patch to pick out a pumkin, learn how they make apple cider, and just run around and play.


We love going to Jackson's Orchard so we went again this past Wednesday! Joey, Pam, Ashley, Trevor, Chelsea, the boys and I all went... along with Trevor's little brother who took the picture for us. We walked around and played in the hay castles, Chase led us through the corn maze, rode to the pumpkin patch, all the same stuff, it was a BEAUTIFUL fall day!!





"YOU WANNA PIECE OF MEAT???" That is what Mason replied to me when I told him that he had to the count of three to look at the camera and smile :)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Mason ... you are too funny!

Blessed said...

Cute pics, as always!! :)

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Yeah, I wanna piece of "yout" =)! We got to have some fun at Chaney's a couple weekends ago, and Karson milked a cow and Miles tried to milk a cat (he's not to gentle with animals yet--he'll learn).