Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My BFF



I bought these 2 matching shirts at this cute little boutique in Alabama last year that said Girlfriends rock! I just thought it was cute and it had that black and white picture on it, and I of course, love black and white pictures so I bought one and they had another one so I thought I would buy it for the "girlfriend" I've had the longest. We have literally been friends since we were babies in the nursery at GWP, and became the bestest of friends once we started going to church camp together every year in like 4th grade. We went to seperate schools until middle school, so that is when we became inseparable, Melissa and Melissa.

She was pregnant with Reese when I first bought the shirts and so we are just now getting around to taking a picture of us in our girlfriend shirts. I don't know why its taken this long to do it, its not like having 4 boys should slow us down or anything.



This is a picture of me on my way to Melissa's 5th birthday party, I remember this day!!


I have no idea why we thought it was a great idea to crawl into a tunnel to take a picture??


Us after we finished toilet papering Mr. Philbeck's house in highschool. We were always very mature :)


Here we are at an 8th grade dance... I promise that it was cool to dress this way at dances then, I'm not sure why but it really was!!!!


1-2-3- SMILE!!


I can't find any pictures of just me and Melissa at church camp, so anyway, here is a picture of me, Melissa, and Tommy Langwell :)


Is 14 too old to sit on Santa's lap with your best friend?






Us getting ready to get on the bus for our New York trip in Middle school.


Melissa and Melissa at 8th grade graduation.


Melissa and I on my 18th birthday.


This is Melissa visiting me at the hospital while I was having my second baby boy...


And here I am visiting her at the hospital after she had her second baby boy!


I love this girl!! Her friendship is such a huge blessing in my life. We are probably as different as night and day, but somehow we have made a wonderful and lasting friendship!!!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

amazing. i should probably make a post about me and amanda

Deaton, party of 5 said...

I LOVE BOTH MELISSA'S and am very thankful God blessed me with your(alls) friendships! Thanks for walking us down memory lane--fun times!

Kim said...

Aw...how sweet. I too, am glad to know the both of you

Valerie said...

that is the sweetest post! i love that you posted all of those pics! love you girls

Melissa said...

OK, you have officially made me cry, laugh, get nauseated, smile, cringe, and made my day seem brighter. I love you, girlie! And all the fun and crazy times we've had together. We've been through thick and thin, ups and downs and have still remained best friends. Yes, we are pretty different but they do say that opposites attract (all you weirdos, you know what I mean!) I LOVE this post. It's the BEST!

Blessed said...

I loved all the pics too. I remember yall just like that! I epecially loved yalls dresses at the dance. I think Danielle and I had identical dresses and got our picture together. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

M & M
I laughed and cried and smiled the entire time. This is such a tribute to lasting friendships. Thanks for the memories Melissa. Those were fun times with you two kiddo's and I miss them in many ways. Lucky Joan and I have handsome grandchildren by our beautiful girls and we both hope to live long enough to see your boys become best of friends also. Who knows we'll probably say "They are just like you all were." Calm down! I luv you girl and always will.

Brandy said...

You 2 are both amazing women. I think it is great that you guys have been great friends this long :)