Saturday, March 8, 2008

What it's all about!



Yesterday we spent the entire day playing in the snow with our family! First we drove the fourwheelers over to JuJu's house for breakfast. We spent the morning there walking around and playing in the snow. Erick and Daddy went home to make ropes and bring back the toys! After hours in the snow at Julie's, we headed to Fred and Connie's for more! It was a great day and everyone had so much fun. I am not usually big on snow, but I got out there anyway, and had a blast! The only bummer was that the boys didn't get to make a snowman with their Granny :( Definitely next time!

Here is Kurt driving back to the house.


Julie and Chelsea playing in the snow


Chelsea, chilling in the snow.


I took this beautiful mother/daughter portrait.



Erick turns into a big kid when it snows (huge metamorphosis, i know) He could stay out there for days!


Here are all of my boys riding in the snow.


We had a couple of snowball fights...




Joey and Mason on Chase's fourwheeler


Erick giving Ashley a little push :)

Erick and Mason pulling Chase behind them



Pam rode this thing forever! I don't know if she liked it or if Erick just wouldn't stop to let her off!


My cute little nephew, Joey making a snow angel



Erick went to Target to buy gloves and came home with this snowboard! I immediately started in on how he can not be trusted in any kind of retail situation and then he explained to me that he got this at 75% off which made me proud so I forgave him. And we ended up having a lot of fun on it!








Daddy was a great sport and drove everyone around on the snowboard for hours!


Here is Amy giving Jamie a little jumpstart!


Amy was actually awesome at snowboarding behind the fourwheeler, we didnt get any pictures of that though!

Jamison trying to pull his daddy on the sled

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great morning. Thanks for bringing over the 4 wheelers. The snow didn't last long so it is good that you took several hundred pictures.
Julie

Anonymous said...

OMG it looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Next time I am coming too - I love to snowboard!!!!
Kristi

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Love the Julie/Chelsea pick =). Glad you all had a fun day, and we missed you at the par-tee. Karson is ready to go again so we're game for a follow-up.

Anonymous said...

What a terrific snow day you all had!!!! Having a blast is putting it mildly. I loved seeing the pictures of the boys with Erick. Tell Erick he might be in the running for hunky husband in his solo picture you made of him. It was terrific. As for the rest of the Alvaton Snow Olympians, I could not decide who deserved the metal for Olympic falling. What a great time you guys had. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! What a neat family event! Aunt Tine

Myra said...

Great pix Melissa. I, too, loved the Julie/Chelsea 'portrait'. Good comment. Julie, how come you were lower on the snowboard than everyone?
Myra

Anonymous said...

Because, I didn't want to show everyone else up. Seriously, I fell twice in 2 feet, so I quit before I broke an ankle.
Julie

Melanie said...

How fun that you have so much family so close. And FUN family, too! Glad you enjoyed the snow!

Anonymous said...

I love your family.
Erick is a hunk. I know it, I know it,(I'm rapping here). That's the best I can do for a mature young lady
(that's Me).
Will your family adopt my family?
I should have had more kids.

Amber said...

Melissa! I finally found your blog after much hustling. Yay! What a gorgeous family.

Thank you so much for always encouraging me like you have. I am never able to get to your blog from your comments so I could never respond. Anyway, so good to see your pics.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there. We just don't get enough snow in Alabama!!
Tina