Monday, June 16, 2008

Woodworking 101

Chase loves to work in the shop like his daddy. In fact, once when he was two, Erick brought me out to show me what Chase had done while Erick was outside. He had taken a cordless drill and screwed a bunch of screws into a board all by himself. As I was arguing with Erick that there was no way he had done that by himself, Erick was swearing that there were no screws in the board when he went outside and Chase was holding the drill when he came back in... We kept debating on how else they could have gotten there, (like he wasn't standing right there listening to us) when our little 2 year old interrupted us and said, "I can do it again!!" And he did, all by himself... the drill probably weighed as much as he did, but he could do it. Here are a couple of things he and Skylar built last week while I was inside cleaning the kitchen!


I think they were going for a house here... They've got 4 walls, good start :)


Here is a snowboard that Skylar built with only a little help from Chase... I don't think I could have made this :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

How awesome. Now you all need to go on a ski trip. No chance here eh?

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Look at that cute Skylar. She looks like she's grown a foot! Uuummm, maybe they could build the bunk beds???